Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Coronavirus is still with us, and boy has it taken over the freelancing-related news cycle. There’s a lot out there about why and how to freelance right now, what freelancers are facing, how they can get their hands on relief money, and what freelancers in specific industries are seeing.
Here’s our second update of freelancing news in the coronavirus era.
- “This is how each generation can freelance during and after the pandemic,” Fast Company
- “How Is COVID 19 Impacting Freelance Rates, Pricing And Project Flow?,” Forbes
- “The Freelancers’ Guide to Pandemic Unemployment Assistance,” Freelancers Union
- “What freelancers need to know about the EIDL program,” Freelancers Union
- “Work in the Era of Coronavirus: Resources for Freelancers Trying to Stay Afloat,” SuperMaker
- “COVID-19’s Impact On The Gig Economy,” PYMNTS.com
- “How to Adapt, Innovate, and Find Opportunity as a Freelancer During Coronavirus,” Entrepreneur’s Handbook
- “21 Gig Economy Leaders Share How The Coronavirus Pandemic Is Impacting The Freelance Workforce,” Forbes
- “As a Freelancer, I’ve been ‘self-isolating’ for three years now and this is what you need to know,” Glamour
- “Freelancing Can Suck and Coronavirus Is Only Making It Worse,” Vice
- “Where I Work: Jaclyn, a freelance writer working on a houseboat,” Metro (UK) — A new series to inspire work-from-home newbies to create productive work spaces.
- “Freelance COVID-19 Resources,” Freelancing Females
- “Your questions about freelancer unemployment insurance answered,” Freelancers Union
- “With work drying up, here’s how freelancers can pivot to make it through the coronavirus pandemic,” Fortune
- “What freelancers need to know about COVID-19 economic relief,” Fast Company
Items for Specific Groups
- “How Coronavirus is Impacting Hollywood’s Freelance Film Critics and Writers,” Variety
- “Gig Cancellations due to Coronavirus: Survival Tips for Freelancers,” TheaterArtLife
- “Working as a freelance journalist right now is hard but not impossible. Here’s some advice.” Poynter
- “Applying for PPP Loans: A Guide for Authors and Freelance Writers,” The Authors Guild
- “Freelance designers: Can I still get paid if I’m affected by coronavirus?,” Design Week
- “Coronavirus: 70% of freelance workers worried they won’t be able to pay bills – BECTU survey,” The Stage
- “How to Manage Self-Isolation: Tips for Freelance Photographers,” PetaPixel
- “Instant Teams: Bringing Remote And Freelance Opportunity To Military Spouses All Over The World,” Forbes
- “COVID-19: The impact on freelance trainers,” FE News (UK)
- “A Freelancer’s Guide to Tax Deductions,” Supermaker
- “Shine adds invoice insurance to its freelancer bank account,” TechCrunch
- “Sex & The City: 10 Things About Carrie Bradshaw’s Freelance Career That Make No Sense,” Screen Rant
- “Freelancing for my former employer: do I submit two tax returns?,” Business Day
- “Soft Skills: Key to a Successful Freelancer Career,” Dice